Apr

Paint Drying Simulator Released

Author Brant    Category All, Simulator Updates     Tags

An exciting new simulator has been released – the Paint Drying Simulator! Similar to recent releases, this will run as a 2-50 color template. For users who prefer longer simulations, an “Ultra-Slow” drying speed has been added. Please simulate through both of these speeds, observing any differences, and leave feedback here.

If no major bugs are found, saving will be added in about 24 hours.

Serious Update: Happy April Fools 2019. This simulator will remain, and saving has been added. Make sure to use the updated URL, as the original will be removed in 24 hours.

Congratulations to the users who found the secret Danganronpa and RuPaul’s Drag Race simulators hidden in the summary pages of the different drying speeds. These two simulators were planned by Brandon and programmed last-minute over the weekend. They’re considered ‘simple’ simulators without any logic, but are solid starting points for the two most requested simulators.

Thanks to Commentarian for coming up with the idea of a Paint Drying Simulator and Flyhngon for information on the Danganronpa cast photos.

30 Comments to “Paint Drying Simulator Released”

• So [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 12:14 am

The color cast photos better stay after April Fools.

• Iawy [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 8:15 pm

I second this, you can do a lot quick and easy with just colors.

• Guest [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 12:30 am

OH SHIT! Go through Paint Drying Simulator for a new template!

• coolKat [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 12:53 am

AHHHHHHHHHHH OMG PLEASE SAY THE *wink wink* paint drying simulator *wink wink* IS STAYING ILL BE SOO HAPPY IF THE *cough* Dan *cough Gan *cough* Ronpa *cough* Excuse me!

I’ll be so happy!!

• Dean [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 1:34 am

Brant you sly dog. The Paint Drying Simulator is epic itself, so please keep it. 3 new sims in one day we are so lucky

• Ren [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 5:06 am

I hope this isn’t just an April Fools joke~ this one was kinda funny and the, coughs, another simulator was very nice.

• Ren [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 8:37 am

By the way,
      *spoilers*

Whenever the “A receives the most votes. He was not the killer. The killer was B, who escapes alive. Everyone else is executed.” happens, the experience is kinda ruined 😮
      If this isn’t just another part of the April’s Fools joke, please give us an option to disable it~

• Ren [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 9:02 am

By the way, my ultra-slow Paint Drying simulation had 219 pages. 😮

• copsrus [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 3:56 pm

Is that what happens? I only ever got “A was the killer” and I thought it was kind of boring because I was just trying to see what would happen if they got it wrong but it never came.

• Barney [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 10:18 am

How about you do a battle simulator? You put two teams, or armies together, and they just go at it.

• hellmotel [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 6:52 pm

This was AMAZING.

• Iawy [Guest] April 1, 2019 at 8:14 pm

To be completely honest, this Paint Drying sim is actually really lowkey fun to use and try to guess which paint will dry first. Please keep it around non-ironically after today ends!

• Angelina [Guest] April 2, 2019 at 12:50 am

CAN WE PLSSSS HAVE THE FINAL VERSIONS OF MILLENNIALS VS GEN-X – DAVID VS GOLIATH. I WANT THE FULL VERSION SO BADLY!!!!

• RPDRfan [Guest] April 2, 2019 at 4:07 am

omg thank you for adding RuPaul!!! my suggestion (for if you expand on it of course) would be to add a top 3 in the challenge as well as a bottom 3. and of course challenge skills etc but I understand it’s simple at the moment 🙂

• Kan [Guest] April 2, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Hey, I loved this Danganronpa simulator! It’s simple indeed, but I believe a Relationship system involving Events would be a great addition. Like, if 2 people have an unbreakable relationship, they wouldn’t murder each other (except if they have an unbreakable relationship with everyone).

The “Physical” and “Endurance” profile stats would give the character a lower chance at being murdered, while the “Strategic” (high) and “Loyalty” (low) attributes would give the character a higher chance of being a killer.

• Paul [Guest] April 2, 2019 at 3:08 pm

omggg plsss keep up with the drag race simulator

u could just add profiles and a little bit more of logic and would be perfect, also, with we could interact with it would be awesome too

• hellmotel [Guest] April 2, 2019 at 5:01 pm

I love these simple simulators! Of course we’re all stoked for the Survivor template, but I love Danganronpa so much, and Drag Race is also a lot of fun. Here’s hoping someday we get an Apprentice simple simulator (and of course, the countless other great shows out there…)

I feel like this year so far has been an exciting time for this site. Thanks for all you do, Brant!

• coolKat [Guest] April 2, 2019 at 9:55 pm

For Danganronpa I think Relevancy and importance could play into this like The Circle Sim as like if they are Main they will last longer and if they are irrelevant they won’t last as long

• Kan [Guest] April 3, 2019 at 5:49 am

I disagree. There’s no such thing as Relevancy in Danganronpa; and the proof is that *spoiler* the ~protagonist of Danganronpa V3 dies on its very first chapter.

Events involving relationships + characters attributes like Loyalty and Endurance would fit better the simulator.

• Dean [Guest] April 3, 2019 at 7:23 am

I do think there should be an influence / persuasion part, since Danganronpa purely revolves around convincing others of your story

• coolKat [Guest] April 3, 2019 at 8:50 am

For this particular simulation I think it fits nicely

i.e. you have v3 Rantaro wouldnt make it far because he wasn’t around that much except for saying a few things without explanation. However someone like Himiko would because she was a big part of v3 not just for when a certain character died but all around-

• riley77 [Guest] April 2, 2019 at 10:54 pm

amazing new simulators! You guys rock

• hellmotel [Guest] April 4, 2019 at 4:53 pm

I think “Relevancy” and “Persuasiveness” are two really great features. Also, perhaps something that makes one person more likely to kill than another. Those would be the three main things I’d include in a logic-based simulation.

And yes, Danganronpa has some shocking kills. I’m not saying the system should purely go off of relevancy.

• hellmotel [Guest] April 4, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Meant that as a response to CoolKat’s post…

• Ian [Guest] April 5, 2019 at 7:04 pm

For RuPaul’s Drag Race is it possible to include more details eventually such as which song they lip-synced to? I could get a list of all former lip sync songs and send them to you if you’d like!

• Ian [Guest] April 5, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Also for RPDR it would be helpful to know who performed HIGH for the week just for details/show format sake 🙂

• Ali [Guest] April 5, 2019 at 8:06 pm

I don’t think it would be a nice idea to specify the songs. Without knowing their names, users are able to use their imagination.

• IAN [Guest] April 5, 2019 at 8:43 pm

On the contrary, I would love it. It would allow me to use my imagination to picture what two reality tv contestants would look like lip-syncing to iconic songs. Lots of funny, ironic pairings could be made 😀

• Hey [Guest] April 5, 2019 at 9:37 pm

Can you please make it where the new home page doesn’t send you to a new tab when you click on the blog, Twitter, etc?

• Sparks [Guest] April 14, 2019 at 4:50 pm

I’m in love with this Drag Race Simulator! I used to use the BB1 simulator to simulate my own drag races back in the early days of brantsteele – so nice to see how far the site has come!

Some ideas for updates in the future would be:

> WIN / HIGH / SAFE / LOW / BTM2 as the categories people are sorted into when they’re judged. Ru usually picks a top three performers of the week with one being the winner and two being HIGH – which is helpful for tracking in a table. Ru then usually declares 3-4 girls as ‘LOW’ and from this group selects two to be in the bottom 2. Meanwhile, the rest of the girls are seen as SAFE for that week.

> Option to decide who survives the Lip Sync. I like to shuffle my ‘lip sync playlist’ and based on the song and overall performance in the competition: decide who stays and goes home. I think it would be fun if we could essentially be Ru / Head Judge of the contest.

> Other small things are adding challenge descriptions which you can find on the wikia, and maybe indication of how everyone did on the challenge / how every runway is perceived — just so it’s a little bit more ambiguous who is gonna be in the bottom/top each week.

> It would also be amazing to eventually see people having skills in certain categories: SEWING. COMEDY. ACTING. DANCING. And even the possibility to a double sashay (double elimination) or a double shante (double save). And in the very distant future: the elimination format from All Stars 2 cause it’s so cut throat!

—- If you need any help Drag knowledge wise, please gimme a shout cause I’d love to help!