Mar

Big Brother Interactive Template Update

Author Brant    Category All, Simulator Updates     Tags

The Big Brother Interactive Template now supports 5-50 players and contains a voting chart. It has been converted to a more efficient structure and brought over to BrantSteele.com with the intention of adding Saving later this week once any lingering bugs are fixed.

The main goal of this conversion was to improve the structure rather than add new features, and a larger Big Brother template with Custom twists could come in the future if enough users would like one. A few new display options were added including the ability to shuffle and sort memory wall and split it between remaining and evicted houseguests. An interactive option to quit was added, and you can now see speeches in interactive simulations.

You can use the simulator here.

Any feedback would be appreciated. This has been developed over several months. Thanks to Brandon, Commentarian, Edwyth, and Eric for all testing the simulator and finding bugs before its official release. This is a very complex simulator, so more bugs are possible, and any reports would be appreciated.

Update: Bug fixes, small feature additions, and logic changes were made to finalize the Big Brother Interactive Template. Thank you for all your feedback, and keep leaving it! There could be more BB template updates this summer. For now, it’s back to Survivor and The Hunger Games.

Saving was finally added to the Big Brother Interactive Template.

45 Comments to “Big Brother Interactive Template Update”

• Landon [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 2:47 pm

I love this! thank you guys! I would love to see a custom twist option in the future whenever you have time! Also, on the voting chart, it doesn’t show the yellow/gold color for veto winners!

• Ren [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Hey, thanks for this!

I’ve noticed a bug. After creating some custom events, I simulated a season.
    The 2-player event showed as if it was a 1-player event. “Alice and Player2 have a heated discussion.”

• Brant [Admin] March 24, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Thanks, fixed. You’ll have to add the event again but since there’s no saving yet (in a few days), that’s inevitable.

• Ren [Guest] March 25, 2019 at 8:44 am

Thanks! Also, I was changing the houseguests’ popularity during the Final HoH and when I clicked to submit, I was redirectioned to a page that said “This is not the current page of popularity.” The link was http://brantsteele.com/bigbrother/template/setPopularity.php?e=FinalHoH

• Brant [Admin] March 25, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Thanks, fixed this.

• Ren [Guest] March 29, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Another thing!
            In the Eviction Voting it was said that houseguest “A” was in multiple alliances with nominee “B”, but “A” was only in 1 alliance with “B”. Also, “A” is in an alliance with both nominees.

• Brant [Admin] March 30, 2019 at 2:22 am

This is one that I’m looking into and hope to address by the end of the weekend.

• dudu [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 3:51 pm

In interactive version, as a jury I couldn’t vote who I wanted to win

• Brant [Admin] March 24, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Do you remember the size of the cast and number of jurors?

• Brant [Admin] March 24, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Never mind, I think I fixed this now.

• Sebastian [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Nice!

• Aidan [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Nice work! One thing I noticed though is that for simulations with > 20 contestants, the wrong suffixes are used for some numbers during the challenge sections. -th is used no matter which number it is, meaning you get placements like 23th or 31th

• Brant [Admin] March 24, 2019 at 6:54 pm

Thanks, fixed.

• SebasGrande [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 7:50 pm

OMG, THANK U SO MUCH, THIS SIMULATOR IS MY FAVORITE.
    would love to see a custom twist option in the future and more things.

• Gabe [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 7:52 pm

This is Great! Hope in the future we can add twists like Double Evictions/Triple Evictions etc.

• Brant [Admin] March 24, 2019 at 9:32 pm

After we get the bugs fixed and this working correctly, Custom Twists can be a consideration. We need to have a fully working template first, and all of the feedback and bug reports are helpful.

• Dimitri [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Am I totally missing it, or is there no way to adjust the cast in this new template? I see adjust size and jury, but no way to select players. Thanks!

• Brant [Admin] March 24, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Try Edit Cast at the top.

• Dimitri [Guest] March 24, 2019 at 10:30 pm

Duh! How did I miss that. Thanks!

• Crazy [Guest] March 25, 2019 at 12:09 am

When Will there be new cast photos like Ex on the beach(US) 1 and 2 and Sequester

• maxvy66 [Guest] March 25, 2019 at 9:50 am

This is amazing ! Thank you so much !

• viserion [Guest] March 25, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Im liking what im seeing so far.
    Just a small request for when you guys are considering adding features in the future. Could there be an option (when you split the memory wall) to see the evictees in order of their eviction? So it kinda mimics the wiki fandom pages 🙂

• Brant [Admin] March 25, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Thanks, that will be considered.

• Lucas [Guest] March 25, 2019 at 3:23 pm

This is awesome, i just have a question, does the quitting option is only for your character or anyone can quit the game if the simulator decides too, what makes the simulator make some character to quit?

• Brant [Admin] March 25, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Anyone can quit or be expelled, but it largely depends on the ‘temperament’ attribute.

• Harry [Guest] March 25, 2019 at 4:31 pm

This is great! Really enjoying this.

Small thing I noticed- when on interactive mode and sorting the memory wall, it seems to just group all evicted HGs into Jury, instead of Pre-Jury and Jury.

• Brant [Admin] March 25, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Thanks, fixed.

• Harry [Guest] March 25, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Awesome! Another small thing I’ve noticed since (my bad, last thing!)- if you have a cast size of 11 for example, with 9 jurors, the first eliminated person gets grouped under Pre-Jury. Same with 13 and 11 jurors, and possibly so on. There’s no issue in the final though as they do get a vote 🙂

• Paul [Guest] March 25, 2019 at 4:34 pm

WOW, i loved the new template, and yeah, if we could see some twists in it would be awesome!! thanks guys

• Gabriel [Guest] March 26, 2019 at 4:51 am

there’s a weird bug in the Survivor S34 simulator. Whenever I try editing the cast and click Submit it just goes back to the original cast

• Brant [Admin] March 26, 2019 at 9:10 am

Thanks, I created this bug late last night trying to get something set up for the Custom Template. Sorry, but it should be fixed now.

• Lucas [Guest] March 26, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Love this! Would love to see custom twists in the future! Also would love to see the BB19/BB20 and BBCAN6 simulators if there is a possibility to get those in the future

• Harry [Guest] March 27, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Something small I’ve picked up on, but it might not be anything- just running it by in case!

In interactive mode, the alliance events tab doesn’t seem to appear too much- it’ll only say if an alliance has dissolved, if it’s made of 2 people. In bigger alliances when a member leaves it doesn’t notify this in the alliance events. Also I’ve noticed in the ones I’ve run (casts of 14/16) new alliances don’t seem to form throughout the game- not sure if this has actually been implemented yet, but just something I noticed!

• Brant [Admin] March 28, 2019 at 12:38 pm

These observations just helped me fix a bug with the way it was functioning – primarily with players leaving the alliances and dissolving. If you notice anything else, feel free to let me know.

• Dylan [Guest] March 27, 2019 at 8:21 pm

I can’t seem to find the shuffle button & the ability to seperate evicted houseguests from houseguests in the game? Maybe I read it wrong or I’m just blind.

• coolKat [Guest] March 27, 2019 at 8:42 pm

This will appear all the way at the bottom of the screen and on the left hand side

• Xavier [Guest] March 27, 2019 at 9:05 pm

This is fantastic! I hope we see more updates to this template in the future.

• Brian [Guest] March 27, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Not a huge issue, but when using the Advanced Edit functionality, would it be possible that clicking “Reset” for a particular cast member could reset their information AS WELL AS the search box at the bottom?

Just a suggestion! Currently, clicking reset only removes the character info, and you still have to manually backspace the search bar… not a huge issue just takes a few extra seconds on mobile

Thanks for this simulator!!

• Brant [Admin] March 28, 2019 at 12:36 pm

That seems like a good update for all of the simulators. I’ll see if I can apply this the next time.

• Gabe [Guest] March 27, 2019 at 11:25 pm

For the Survivor Template, is it possible so u can make it so when they swap there is an even split between men and women on a tribe. Pretty sure that’s what they follow in Real Survivor as you would not just have one tribe full of women get voted out if they lose every time.

• hellmotel [Guest] March 29, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Reloading saves doesn’t seem to be working for me in the BB template

• Brant [Admin] March 30, 2019 at 2:01 am

Can you please send me an example of one that can’t be reloaded? If it’s private, you can do it over email or the contact form.

• Brant [Admin] March 30, 2019 at 2:10 am

I just found what I think is the error and fixed it, but I can’t salvage seasons already saved. At least 3 were impacted – one starting with an s, u, and 8. It had to do with custom event characters.

• math [Guest] April 2, 2019 at 11:21 pm

hi i was hoping to know if i would be possible to add a specific color in the case for the voting chart when someone is safe by the veto

• Syeder [Guest] April 5, 2019 at 7:41 am

Yes please! I was hoping for this as well, would be great 🙂