Feb

Totem Pole Full Logic Update

Author Brant    Category All, Simulator Updates     Tags

With episode 3 of The Totem Pole being released on YouTube, full logic has been added to the Totem Pole Simulator, including relationship and strategic ability. These two attributes, along with challenge skills and loyalty, will impact all of the decision making throughout the simulator. If you see any bugs caused by the logic or don’t feel like it is properly balanced, please report it in comments.

A page for other statistics has also been added.

Watch episode 1 here.

Watch episode 2 here.

Watch episode 3 here.

Watch episode 4 here.

Watch episode 5 here.

Stay tuned for an additional update with Episode 4 next Friday at 9:00 PM eastern time. A Survivor simulator update will be posted over the weekend.

Update: With episode 4 now out, a voting chart has been added to the Totem Pole Simulator. This is the most complex voting chart yet with revotes and returning players included.

Update 2: Episode 5 brings an update to the simulator to more accurately reflect the show with Save Limits, Power Limits, and the elimination of duplicate twists per season.

27 Comments to “Totem Pole Full Logic Update”

• Edwyth [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 9:11 pm

Hey Brant –

You moved “The Twist” where the player returns to after episode 3, so I already know who won before the competition even occurred.

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 9:12 pm

That’s a good point, I suppose the round display should update then too. Thanks.

• Edwyth [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Brant –

I just saw a player on the bottom pick themselves as their own defender.

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Bug #1 fixed with the round display.

Addressing the bottom pick now, thanks again.

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 9:19 pm

I made a change to fix this. Some of the variables changed in the new logic, so it overruled the old checks. Let me know if you see anything else.

• Jay [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 9:51 pm

The bottom of the totem pole isn’t the one being eliminated in the first round.. also got a “flip” twist where #2 is suppose to be the one Eliminated… #6 was eliminated lol

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 10:05 pm

I fixed the issue with #2 and next-to-bottom being the wrong number in a logic enabled simulation.

Also fixed the wrong player for the bottom being eliminated. Thanks!

• coolKat [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 10:55 pm

In Round 3

If the Defender selects Option B they are eliminated instead of the person they are defending

Example:

Kadia selects Tim as her defender
    Tim selects Option B
    Tim is eliminated

Kadia remains in game until her eventual elimination later

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 11:09 pm

I made a bug fix around 10:40 PM EST to address this. Is this still occurring, or did you simulate this season before that time? Thanks!

• coolKat [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 11:23 pm

No it is not

Sorry I must have simulated it before 🙂

Thank you guys for giving us continuous content whether it’s behind the scenes or not

• coolKat [Guest] February 9, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I had a saved season in TDI

Where Heather,Sadie,and Katie got eliminated but instead it
    Was Heather and then Courtney..

• Me! [Guest] February 9, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Thanks, Brant! My Totem Pole simulations have gone swimmingly today. 🙂 Thanks for all your hard work. Your website is one of my favorites ever and I’m excited about all the new changes that have been happening recently!

I do have one general question: in your simulators, what is the difference between logic and reasoning? Thank you!

• Brant [Admin] February 9, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Good question! Logic is when intelligent decision making occurs. Reasoning is text explaining why logical decisions happen.

• Angelina [Guest] February 9, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Hey, I am so excited for the final versions of the last 5 survivor seasons. When will it be released?

• Brant [Admin] February 9, 2019 at 11:07 pm

That’s difficult to answer exactly, but I’m creating a Custom Template that can be pre-loaded with the settings to simulate seasons 33 to 37. It’s not going to be released yet in full, but I’m hoping to release the first ‘piece’ of it on Sunday.

• Melm3 [Guest] February 9, 2019 at 11:06 pm

When doing relationships, what does the +3 Extra mean?

• Brant [Admin] February 9, 2019 at 11:08 pm

To differentiate two people with the same bond, you can give them a +# Extra. This makes positive relationships more positive and negative relationships more negative.

• Paulo [Guest] February 18, 2019 at 10:09 pm

any chance of adding the ex on the beach us cast?

• Edwyth [Guest] February 23, 2019 at 1:02 am

Brant –

I just ran into a situation where the second “Steal a Vote” option occurred, but the player who had gotten it didn’t get any powers, So I think you need to disable the possibility of a second of the same twist occurring after the last update. But it looks like it can still happen it just doesn’t do anything.

Also, disable the twist of getting the next switch in round 5, it is a completely worthless twist at that point.

Ed

• Brant [Admin] February 23, 2019 at 1:10 am

There actually was a clause to prevent the switch in round 5, which a special mapping was set up for. I bet that clause is causing the second “Steal a Vote”. I’ll look into it. Thank you again!

• Brant [Admin] February 23, 2019 at 1:14 am

Your bug reporting is fantastic. I found my special mapping combined with the new logic is creating a scenario where no twists are possible in round 5, so a duplicate of the previous one is being shown. This is a bug on my end. There should always be one left. I think. I’m working on it now.

• Brant [Admin] February 23, 2019 at 1:19 am

Okay, that was my mistake. I didn’t increment the counter to include the 5th twist or power (Random Draw and Top). So it thought there were only 4 Powers, and in round 5, it was set to prevent the Switch power, so that was causing the duplicate of the round before. It should be fixed now! Thanks again.

• Edwyth [Guest] February 23, 2019 at 1:47 am

You are the best!

Thanks for all your hardwork!

• BD [Guest] February 26, 2019 at 5:17 pm

An issue came up in round two where someone’s vote was stolen after choosing Option B. Alison’s vote was stolen by the defender Jenise and the vote proceeded to go to a random draw after two ties. Alison, however, had immunity even though she a) didn’t win the challenge b) wasn’t the defender and c) wasn’t one of the people tied with votes. I’ll throw in a link to the voting chart so you can see what I mean.

In this instance, Micah, Jenise, Nick and Lydia should be the only ones immune from the random draw but Alison was mistakenly given immunity as well.

• BD [Guest] February 26, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Just realized since Alison technically didn’t cast a vote and the random draw is (as the simulator states) “Because there was another tie, one of the voters will be randomly eliminated.” this could actually be working as intended. In which case, please ignore!

• Gabriel Law [Guest] February 27, 2019 at 1:02 am

is there a possible way through logic to show why someone voted for someone to win at the end? I don’t like the randomness as i feel it ruins the result. Also, ive been getting a lot of 4-3-2 votes which in my opinion is a lot less realistic compared to actual game shows. Is there a way u can change it so there can be like more united votes? like 9-0-0 votes or 8-1-0 votes

• JustAFan [Guest] February 27, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Ive been wondering, since youve been able to make templates for Circle and currently in progress Survivor, would you (or more could you) end up making one for this? maybe like a cast of 13-20?