Feb

Survivor Custom Template: Preview #1

Author Brant    Category All, Simulator Updates     Tags

A custom template is coming for the Survivor Simulator that will allow users to have more control over the setup of the seasons.

After considering options, this should be the most efficient method to complete seasons 33 through 37 and regularly upgrade the older seasons with the newest features without having to maintain over 37 different season templates. You will still be able to select the individual seasons, but they will run through the custom template with pre-configured settings for each season. These settings will be adjustable, so for example, you can add more idols or eliminate them depending on your preference or change a final three to a final two.

Seasons 33-37 were designed on a newer system most similar to the custom template, so it will easier to translate their twists to the custom template. The goal is for it to eventually have the twists from the other seasons such as redemption island.

The first piece is a preview of what the cast selection will look like, with up to 100 players and tribes. Feel free to use it to create your own casts, but please keep in mind you can’t actually simulate the seasons yet. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Survivor Custom Template Preview #1 (keep reading for screen shots)

17 Comments to “Survivor Custom Template: Preview #1”

• Hunter [Guest] February 10, 2019 at 3:17 pm

I think 100 players/tribes might not work. Maybe the maximum number of players in a season should be at least 30-50.
    Other than that, everything else sounds fun.

• Yoshi [Guest] February 11, 2019 at 7:12 am

Yes completely agreed. Don’t get rid of it completely (as it’s a part of the show) but please allow us to toggle the purple rock on/off if we want. It ruins some playthroughs for me.

• Yoshi [Guest] February 11, 2019 at 7:13 am

^ sorry this was supposed to be a reply to the person below.

• Brant Steele Fan [Guest] February 10, 2019 at 5:40 pm

This is awesome! I’m loving playing around with this. There will be so many options for a truly customized season this way and I’m so excited. 🙂 🙂 🙂

If you can fit it in there, I’d love to be able to customize how ties are broken. I’ve always hated the Purple Rock tiebreaker in Survivor so it would be awesome to just have a challenge tiebreaker there instead! I’d also love the option to get rid of random Medevacs and Quits.

Thank you so much for your site, I’m so stoked for this!

• melm3 [Guest] February 10, 2019 at 8:46 pm

This looks awesome! Can’t wait for this to be finished!

• theexTIMinator [Guest] February 10, 2019 at 8:49 pm

When you click on the Survivor custom template does it send you to Total Drama Action?

• Brant [Admin] February 10, 2019 at 8:54 pm

There are some easter eggs inside of the link I posted. There are 50 variations of what it may load.

• Yoshi [Guest] February 11, 2019 at 7:16 am

So hyped for this!! My suggestion would be a voting chart (but it’s not the end of the world if there isn’t one) and also an interactive mode would be fun.

• Johnny [Guest] February 11, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Really nice !!!
    Maybe add a button to have the same players by tribe. Idk if people want to have tribes with differents numbers by tribe…

• didit [Guest] February 11, 2019 at 1:06 pm

if there is a interactive mode on survivor, how would the votes happen? would you be able to see what your allies want? what your closest friends want?

• Mats [Guest] February 11, 2019 at 9:44 pm

I disagree. The amount of simulations I do hoping to have more than 20 competitors is TOO MUCH.

100 participants sounds super fun to me!! (Unless if it makes things more complicated on your end.)

• Xavier [Guest] February 11, 2019 at 11:39 pm

This is sick. Interactive would be ideal, but even having this in general is awesome.

• Edwyth [Guest] February 12, 2019 at 4:39 am

Is there a way when choosing the number of tribes, you can have a drop down menu to change the sizes of all the tribes at once

Like having 7 tribes of 5 people, in two clicks

• Eddie [Guest] February 12, 2019 at 9:44 pm

I can’t wait to do 99v1 sims or 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1……v1 (100 tribes of 1)!

• Ren [Guest] February 14, 2019 at 4:32 pm

I don’t know if this is a bug or something that will be changed later, but…

I changed the season’s number of tribes, number of players, tribe names and cast photos & names… Then I wanted to check the Adjust Settings page. After doing so, I clicked “Submit” without changing anything.
    But all the tribe names, cast photos & names were reset. 🙁

• Anne Curtis [Guest] February 14, 2019 at 10:53 pm

I don’t know if this just me or if this is a bug. But I all I can do is select how many tribes I want and how many contestants I want. I can’t do anything else! Doesn’t even let me choose who I want!

• Brant [Admin] February 14, 2019 at 10:55 pm

You should be able to edit the cast and tribe names using Edit Cast, similar to how seasons 33-37 work.