Feb

Totem Pole Full Logic Update

Author Brant    Category All, Simulator Updates     Tags

With episode 3 of The Totem Pole being released on YouTube, full logic has been added to the Totem Pole Simulator, including relationship and strategic ability. These two attributes, along with challenge skills and loyalty, will impact all of the decision making throughout the simulator. If you see any bugs caused by the logic or don’t feel like it is properly balanced, please report it in comments.

A page for other statistics has also been added.

Watch episode 1 here.

Watch episode 2 here.

Watch episode 3 here.

Watch episode 4 here.

Stay tuned for an additional update with Episode 4 next Friday at 9:00 PM eastern time. A Survivor simulator update will be posted over the weekend.

Update: With episode 4 now out, a voting chart has been added to the Totem Pole Simulator. This is the most complex voting chart yet with revotes and returning players included.

17 Comments to “Totem Pole Full Logic Update”

• Edwyth [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 9:11 pm

Hey Brant –

You moved “The Twist” where the player returns to after episode 3, so I already know who won before the competition even occurred.

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 9:12 pm

That’s a good point, I suppose the round display should update then too. Thanks.

• Edwyth [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Brant –

I just saw a player on the bottom pick themselves as their own defender.

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Bug #1 fixed with the round display.

Addressing the bottom pick now, thanks again.

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 9:19 pm

I made a change to fix this. Some of the variables changed in the new logic, so it overruled the old checks. Let me know if you see anything else.

• Jay [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 9:51 pm

The bottom of the totem pole isn’t the one being eliminated in the first round.. also got a “flip” twist where #2 is suppose to be the one Eliminated… #6 was eliminated lol

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 10:05 pm

I fixed the issue with #2 and next-to-bottom being the wrong number in a logic enabled simulation.

Also fixed the wrong player for the bottom being eliminated. Thanks!

• coolKat [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 10:55 pm

In Round 3

If the Defender selects Option B they are eliminated instead of the person they are defending

Example:

Kadia selects Tim as her defender
    Tim selects Option B
    Tim is eliminated

Kadia remains in game until her eventual elimination later

• Brant [Admin] February 8, 2019 at 11:09 pm

I made a bug fix around 10:40 PM EST to address this. Is this still occurring, or did you simulate this season before that time? Thanks!

• coolKat [Guest] February 8, 2019 at 11:23 pm

No it is not

Sorry I must have simulated it before 🙂

Thank you guys for giving us continuous content whether it’s behind the scenes or not

• coolKat [Guest] February 9, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I had a saved season in TDI

Where Heather,Sadie,and Katie got eliminated but instead it
    Was Heather and then Courtney..

• Me! [Guest] February 9, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Thanks, Brant! My Totem Pole simulations have gone swimmingly today. 🙂 Thanks for all your hard work. Your website is one of my favorites ever and I’m excited about all the new changes that have been happening recently!

I do have one general question: in your simulators, what is the difference between logic and reasoning? Thank you!

• Brant [Admin] February 9, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Good question! Logic is when intelligent decision making occurs. Reasoning is text explaining why logical decisions happen.

• Angelina [Guest] February 9, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Hey, I am so excited for the final versions of the last 5 survivor seasons. When will it be released?

• Brant [Admin] February 9, 2019 at 11:07 pm

That’s difficult to answer exactly, but I’m creating a Custom Template that can be pre-loaded with the settings to simulate seasons 33 to 37. It’s not going to be released yet in full, but I’m hoping to release the first ‘piece’ of it on Sunday.

• Melm3 [Guest] February 9, 2019 at 11:06 pm

When doing relationships, what does the +3 Extra mean?

• Brant [Admin] February 9, 2019 at 11:08 pm

To differentiate two people with the same bond, you can give them a +# Extra. This makes positive relationships more positive and negative relationships more negative.