Jan

Survivor 36 Test Version Released

Author Brant    Category All, Simulator Updates     Tags

A test version has been released of the Survivor 36: Ghost Island simulator. This season shares most of its code with Survivor seasons 33, 34, 35, and 37. Due to the more complex structure of this season, there may be more bugs, which I’ll address as soon as they’re reported.

The Ghost Island exile twist is incorporated into the season, and castaways can wager their vote and potentially lose it inside the simulator. However not all of the secret advantages are fully implemented at the present time. They will be added in one of the two remaining large Survivor updates before the .com structure is finalized. More news on these updates could be posted in a few days.

There were tribal council issues with all 5 of these seasons where players that should have been immune were vulnerable after idols and special advantages cancelled all of the votes. A fix was incorporated to handle this. As the secret advantages get incorporated, more changes will be needed to handle new scenarios.

Please report any issues. I’ll list the bugs fixed here, for both the original 32 seasons and the new seasons 33-37. Thank you. Edit: Comments are now enabled in this post.

Bugs Fixed:

– Cook Islands: Reward text fixed in episode 6

– S35: Tribe names for reward challenges have been corrected

– S36: Episode 2 immunity winning tribe display fixed
– S36: Changed nickname to Gonzalez for Stephanie Gonzalez
– S36: Second tribe swap is no longer alphabetical order
– S36: Fixed newly formed alliance names in episode 10
– S36: Fixed Shuffle tribes.
– S36: Fixed the events to correspond to the appropriate tribe in episode 10
– S36: Fixed an incorrect tribe’s idol potentially being found episode 2
– S36: Fixed the tribe outline for the second tribe after swaps

– S37: Fixed newly formed alliance names in episode 5 through the end of the season
– S37: Fixed the tribe outline for the second tribe after swaps

17 Comments to “Survivor 36 Test Version Released”

• Siv [Guest] January 4, 2019 at 4:17 pm

The second tribe swap seems to sort into alphabetical order every time instead of being random?

• Brant [Admin] January 4, 2019 at 4:28 pm

Thank you for mentioning that, it’s definitely a bug that I’ll address.

• boop bop [Guest] January 4, 2019 at 5:23 pm

when will we be able to see targets and such?

• Brant [Admin] January 4, 2019 at 5:24 pm

These have been incorporated into seasons 33 – 37 if you click Reasoning and Targets: Included on the first page.

• boop bop [Guest] January 4, 2019 at 5:26 pm

oops, missed that! thanks for the quick response

• Chipmunk [Guest] January 4, 2019 at 6:25 pm

In Episode 5, only 4 of my 5 contestants voted. There were no advantages used. The final vote was 2-2 after a recount and rocks were drawn to determine the eliminated contestant, but there should have been a fifth vote in the mix!

Thanks for everything you do. 🙂 Your site is awesome.

• Chipmunk [Guest] January 4, 2019 at 6:26 pm

Never mind – I’ve never seen Ghost Island and didn’t realize one contestant on the tribe had wagered her vote and lost. No bug here after all!

• Jessica [Guest] January 4, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Already on second episode of ghost island and for some reason gonzalez has the yanuya idol when there isnt even 3 tribes. and then after the immunity challenge domenicks naviti idol is no longer there and gonzales just has the yanuya idol still.

• Brant [Admin] January 4, 2019 at 8:14 pm

That’s really odd. Thank you for the detailed report. I’ll see if I can replicate it and figure out what’s going on.

• Brant [Admin] January 4, 2019 at 8:33 pm

I figured it out, or at least a major part of it. Ghost Island was actually awarding an idol out which the simulation engine was considering the third tribe’s idol. I corrected that part. Let me know if you see anything else. Thanks.

• Jessica [Guest] January 4, 2019 at 11:09 pm

Thank youu <3. Also this is off topic but, I was wondering in survivor thailand if there could be an option to do original tribes. Because it is always a random tribe which thats fine, but I feel there shud be an option to do original tribes like it was on the show.

Anyways thank you.

• Anoymous [Guest] January 4, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Can we please have more challenge seasons?

• Dylan [Guest] January 6, 2019 at 12:54 pm

Loving this template. It seems like the algorithm for this template is a bit different than the template for S35 & S37 though? In the S35 & 37 templates, it seems like that the weakest tribe members are always the big targets, even after the merge. The S36 template seems much more realistic in that pre-merge weaker tribe members are targeted more often while post-merge, bigger challenge threats are targeted. I definitely prefer the S36 algorithm (if it actually differs from S35 & S37) as it is more true to the show.

• Brant [Admin] January 6, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Prior to the Ghost Island release, I adjusted the targeting algorithm to try and switch it from targeting the weak players to targeting the threats at merge.

I think with the Ghost Island release, it should have updated S35 and S37 at the same time, but I need to verify.

I appreciate the feedback.

• coolKat [Guest] January 7, 2019 at 1:21 am

At the merge in this season it is not clarified as to why the person at Ghost Island ended up there

Unless it does and I’m missing it 😛

• Sam [Guest] January 8, 2019 at 10:34 am

In Episode 1 part 2, I had a tribe of 9 go to tribal, 1 person was sent to ghost island, so 8 people were at tribal, but only 7 voted. If it helps, the person who had just been to ghost island was the one who had not voted.

• James [Guest] February 10, 2019 at 11:01 pm

I don’t know if this is a bug or if it’s just how it actually is, but someone was sent to ghost island in episode 3 and lost their vote, but they didn’t go to tribal again until the merge. But someone also went to ghost island in the merge episode and lost their vote, so at that the tribal only the first guy lost their vote, and the second guy didn’t lose their vote until the next tribal. Again, I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not, just figured I’d report it.