Jul

Frequently Asked Questions List

Author Brant    Category All, Misc.     Tags

I just replied to most of the Contact Form messages from the second half of June and noticed that many of the messages were similar, so I thought I’d post a list of plans and frequently asked questions/suggestions. If you can think of something else that I’m forgetting to add to the list, please post it in the comments. I’ll respond to the comment and add it to the list if it’s a common question. There are currently no timetables for any upcoming feature or update. This list will also be added to the Contact Form.

Simulator Updates Planned:
– Big Brother: Moving the Advanced Template to BrantSteele.com and adding saving
– Big Brother: Creating season 19 on BrantSteele.com

– Survivor: Creating the Australian Survivor 2016 season
– Survivor: Moving the original 32 seasons to BrantSteele.com
– The Challenge: Creating the remaining seasons
– The Hunger Games: Moving to BrantSteele.com
– The Hunger Games: Adding optional attributes

Future Simulators Possible, Not Confirmed:
– The Amazing Race (not an April Fools joke)
– Danganronpa
– I Love Money (not an April Fools joke)
– RuPaul’s Drag Race
– The Bachelor
– The Walking Dead/Zombie Apocalypse
– BrantSteele & users’ original concepts

Features Planned:
– Edit Cast: Adding logo lists to BrantSteele.com
– Random Cast: Bug Fixes & More Options on BrantSteele.com

Features Possible, Not Confirmed:
– Account saving for simulations, characters, and more
– Allowing text files to be imported/exported for easier season setup
– Image uploading

Features Not Coming:
– BrantSteele Mobile App
– BrantSteele Multiplayer Games

There will be additional blog posts for the July Saved Season Recovery, a cast photo survey, and a volunteer application to help manage the BrantSteele social media accounts soon.

53 Comments to “Frequently Asked Questions List”

• Profile photo of Izumi
    Izumi [Member] July 5, 2017 at 7:42 am

Ooh this is nice.

Out of the simulators with possible changes that aren’t confirmed, I love the 2 Big Brothers one, as I mess about with the advanced template a lot, and its annoying how there can never (or rarely) be a power shift, because the ‘House Events’ is missing so relationships and alliances will not change.

Out of the future simulators that are possible, aside from Americas Next Top Model which isn’t listed, the ones that interest me the most (In order) would be RuPauls Drag Race, The Bachelor then The Amazing Race, but all 3 are ones I’d use frequently. I feel like the other 3 ideas would be simulators I’d use a few times, but I wouldn’t use it after the first week of release.

• Laur [Guest] July 6, 2017 at 5:30 pm

I agree with the next top model simulator

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 2:00 am

Just because a simulator isn’t listed doesn’t mean it won’t happen, even before some of the ones listed possibly. There is always the chance of a surprise, and if algorithmically I find a script that’s easy to program, I may end up making it sooner.

• Profile photo of UltraVodka777
    UltraVodka777 [Member] July 5, 2017 at 8:20 am

I want a template with custom twists n stuff for Survivor

• sam [Guest] July 7, 2017 at 4:41 pm

I would love this so much

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 2:00 am

This is going to happen and as soon as I can finish it.

• Profile photo of Ever24
    Ever24 [Member] July 5, 2017 at 8:26 am

Omg I’d love for there to be custom twists to the Advanced Template, it would be cool. Also loving that list of possible simulators.

• Kira [Guest] July 5, 2017 at 9:40 am

the possible simulators sound exciting, especially Danganronpa and The Walking Dead/Zombie Apocalypse

• Anne [Guest] July 5, 2017 at 10:32 am

So the voting charts are not gonna happen anymore?

Brant [Admin] July 5, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Voting charts are likely for every simulator on BrantSteele.com.

• Profile photo of Gabriel
        Gabriel [Member] July 6, 2017 at 2:04 pm

YAY! I ANT WAIT FOR THE SURVIVOR ONE!!

• Profile photo of Noah
    Noah [Member] July 5, 2017 at 11:11 am

When I saw the possible Walking Dead Simulator I screamed in excitement!

• Reibax [Guest] July 5, 2017 at 12:28 pm

OMG, this is my first time commenting here but I love all the simulators, and I would love to have I Love Money, The Amazing Race and Rupaul’s Drag Race. This looks awesome! Keep the good work 😀

• Profile photo of Malik
    Malik [Member] July 5, 2017 at 1:59 pm

All I’d be contempt with is:

Big Brother: Adding custom twists to the Advanced Template
    Account saving for simulations, characters, and more
    And making custom events that actually work in the Big Brother seasons. I’d be contempt waiting for everything else if those happen :O

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 2:03 am

Thank you for the feedback. A lot of those features depend on the server, but overall, it’s gotten a lot more efficient the past year. The next maintenance should be around the end of the year, and it should work even better then. Maybe enough for account saving.

• Profile photo of Chill Out
    Chill Out [Member] July 5, 2017 at 2:56 pm

I definitely like the idea of adding custom twists to shake up the Advanced Template a little bit. Even without the twists, it’s my favorite simulator on the whole website; adding twists would make it even better!

• Profile photo of Cole Fugie
    Cole Fugie [Member] July 5, 2017 at 4:03 pm

The walking dead simulator sounds interesting

• Profile photo of justyn morin
    justyn morin [Member] July 5, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Hunger game ideas
    Alliances
    Relationships
    Profiles
    Popularity
    More deaths
    More logic

• Bob [Guest] July 5, 2017 at 9:20 pm

I really agree with this suggestion and hope that it is added!

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 2:04 am

Thank you for the suggestions.

• Profile photo of Greg
    Greg [Member] July 5, 2017 at 8:30 pm

I’d really like to see Walking Dead and Danganronpa sims, interesting setups that aren’t Reality Shows for a change.

Also TAR, because seriously how the fuck did Circle, Dog Eat Dog and The Challenge get sims before TAR?! I love Brantsteele but the lack of an Amazing Race sim is the biggest flaw.

(Eventually though, after like 10 years, everything listed here plus a few others would be great)

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 2:05 am

Circle, Dog Eat Dog, and The Hunger Games all were programmed in a short time. There’s more to think about with The Amazing Race, and I personally haven’t seen much of it.

• Laur [Guest] July 5, 2017 at 9:21 pm

A Next Top Model Simulator would be nice

• boop bop [Guest] July 5, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Custom twists and a Danganronpa simulator would be AMAZING

• Profile photo of Natalie
    Natalie [Member] July 6, 2017 at 12:03 am

OMG I LOVE THE POSSIBLE NEW SIMULATORS IN ORDER:

Danganronpa/or some sort of murder mystery and even if we don’t get the sim for Danganronpa can we get the cast?
    TWD/Apocalypse
    Rupauls Drag Race
    I Love Money
    Amazing Race
    Bachelor/ette

But I love them all

Original ideas would be cool too

Also can’t wait till the rest of TD sims and not all of the challenge sims because there’s a lot and I feel like that would take a lot of time and space on brantsteele but damn these ideas are so cool

• Profile photo of Megan
    Megan [Member] July 6, 2017 at 12:41 am

I would really love more seasons of The Challenge. I would also like to have adding the custom number of contestants for Dog eat Dog and The Circle.

• Profile photo of Delcatty
    Delcatty [Member] July 6, 2017 at 11:53 am

What exactly is Danganronpa? It sounds interesting but I don’t really know what it is

• Profile photo of Eli
      Eli [Member] July 6, 2017 at 3:00 pm

It’s a game where these highschool kids have to successfully get away with murder, but I feel they are caught they get executed

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 2:06 am

I’m not familiar with it, but it’s suggested a lot.

• Profile photo of Eli
    Eli [Member] July 6, 2017 at 2:54 pm

I would like to say my thoughts on the possible simulators.

I really don’t get how you would win a lip sync or a challenge in Rupaul drag race. Would you give us clothing options?

Danganronpa – so how would he be able to interact with the trial? Will there be different executions?

Bachelor- sound fun. Hopefully we can play both sides.

The amazing race- I guess it could work.

We need the mole tho!

• Profile photo of Izumi
      Izumi [Member] July 7, 2017 at 11:00 am

Im not Brant but i’m assuming it wouldnt be interactive?

• Profile photo of Greg
      Greg [Member] July 7, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Eh, I love The Mole but the appeal of the show wouldn’t really translate well into a sim.

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 2:08 am

I don’t know the details for how the potential simulators would work yet. There may have to be interactive elements in them to keep them interesting.

I’ve always liked The Mole, and I would love to find a way to make it a simulator someday.

• Profile photo of Euan
    Euan [Member] July 6, 2017 at 8:23 pm

RuPaul’s Drag Race and Next Top Model both sound AMAZING.

• Profile photo of Jean Hernandez
    Jean Hernandez [Member] July 7, 2017 at 12:57 am

Great 😀 I love everything. Looking forward for The amazing race, Danganaronpa, I love money and the Walking Dead/Zombie Apocalypse, What about a Game of thrones simulator is that possible ? c:

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 1:50 am

It’s possible, yes. From what I’m thinking, it’s far more complex than a Zombie Apocalypse simulator. There’s also a lot more risk of copyright infringement.

• Dean [Guest] July 13, 2017 at 2:57 am

To stop copyright you could call it a “Fantasy Simulator” and just change names from the show or something… Not sure what the end goal would be. Maybe similar to the HGs? You put in 12 people and then 11 deaths are assigned and then there can be things like progress in rank/nobility and then random marriages between characters and then eventually they all die by the end of the simulator. (This would require heaps of creativity and time to think out over 100 different events)

• Profile photo of Griffen
    Griffen [Member] July 7, 2017 at 1:58 pm

If you continue adding The Challenge simulators would you have a poll of which season to add?

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 1:48 am

There was a previous poll, so I have some information about which seasons are most wanted. There was originally a planned order, at least for the next few seasons.

Now that’s completely up in the air, so there could be a new poll depending on which seasons the people helping me plan have seen.

• Ahamd [Guest] July 8, 2017 at 12:52 am

Survivor: Creating the Advanced Template on BrantSteele.com
    Big Brother: Adding custom twists to the Advanced Template

Please do it as soon as possible I’m waiting 😍😍😍
    Can told us when you will do it ?

Brant [Admin] July 8, 2017 at 1:49 am

No timeline, sorry. The Survivor Advanced Template is something I hope to have done this summer, before the next season. The Big Brother updates will likely be later.

• Profile photo of Raven
    Raven [Member] July 8, 2017 at 11:25 am

A Walking Dead simulator would be amazing

• Profile photo of Eli
    Eli [Member] July 8, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Brant if you could answer this, how would Rupauls drag race work?

• Profile photo of Gabriel
    Gabriel [Member] July 8, 2017 at 6:45 pm

OMG, i hope you put a WhoDunnit simulator in!!! THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!

• Monica Linda [Guest] July 10, 2017 at 3:31 pm

A Next Top Model simulator would be great.

• Profile photo of Max
    Max [Member] July 11, 2017 at 9:59 am

RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE AND AMAZING RACE ARE BY FAR THE ONES THAT SHOULD BE PLANNED FIRST

• Cherries [Guest] July 11, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Just wanted to suggest…..maybe you could do a Escape The Night simulator?

• Dean [Guest] July 13, 2017 at 2:52 am

Yessss!!!! You could make a Whodunnit simulator on the same script I believe. They have the same sort of format

• Profile photo of Austin E
    Austin E [Member] July 12, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Just to throw in a suggestion. What about Endurance simulator?

• Dean [Guest] July 13, 2017 at 3:02 am

Will the Total Drama Sims be connected? (I.e the cast from TDI get selected for TDA randomly. And then randomly for TDWT and TDROTI simulates a random cast. Then from those 4 seasons the simulator picks the best players. I know this would take a lot of work, but it would be unique to the survivor sims. Obviously release them as separate sims first, but that would be a great option to finish up the TD sims)

• Rayard [Guest] July 18, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Hey, I have a question and I don’t find the answer anywhere on the reddit or on the blog. I hope someone will read this haha so here it goes : Is it possible to change the number of tribes ? I want to do a hunger games Simulator with 50 tribes of two (don’t ask me why it’s a long story xd) but I get the feeling that I can only choose between 24, 36 and 84 tributes. Is it possible to change that ? Thanks a lot !

• Meciek [Guest] July 19, 2017 at 6:15 pm

It’d be amazing to see a revamped BB1 template or something, or a couple of UK seasons (since there are a lot of twists there that don’t happen in the US version).

• Sallia [Guest] July 21, 2017 at 1:09 pm