Jun

BB19 Cast Photo Questions

Author Brant    Category All, Cast Photos     Tags

There were a few reports that the original cast photos for Big Brother 19 weren’t completely clear. I looked into this and found that the default down scaling settings in my image editing program were set as “smooth” but that “sharp” was also an option.

Before I make additional sets of cast photos, I want to see whether you prefer the “smooth” or the “sharp” version of the images. The setting has to be set as one or the other and doesn’t allow for percentages of each.

These are the current Smooth Images.

These are the proposed Sharp Images.

Which do you like better?

Also, I have links to several other versions of cast photos, but most of these are thumbnails from CBS Press Express and Twitter, which are both reduced from the quality of the originals. If you have any links to high quality versions of the alternate photos, they would be appreciated. Thank you.

Update: The sharp cast photos have replaced the original smooth photos. It may take time for these to replace the previously cached images. The original set has also been updated to reflect a twist in the premiere. The zigzag photos have also been added. A few more sets of this cast may still be added.

Update 2: A 3rd and 4th set of cast photos have been added. At least one more will be added soon.

22 Comments to “BB19 Cast Photo Questions”

• Profile photo of Liam Cipher
    Liam Cipher [Member] June 28, 2017 at 8:32 pm

I sent you an email a couple weeks ago for a lost survivor season and I haven’t heard back

Brant [Admin] June 28, 2017 at 9:38 pm

The saved season recovery happens once a month, usually a few days after the start of the month. I haven’t yet addressed any messages from June, but I do have your contact form message. Hopefully I can recover it in a few days.

• Profile photo of Alex
    Alex [Member] June 28, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Sharp

• Profile photo of Malik
    Malik [Member] June 28, 2017 at 8:40 pm

I prefer sharp much more then smooth 😀

• Profile photo of Daela Rae
    Daela Rae [Member] June 28, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Can you also add these images? http://imgur.com/a/0M82k

Brant [Admin] June 28, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Those are just what I’ve been looking for, thanks. If anyone else has images that quality that are different, they would be appreciated.

• Bob [Guest] June 28, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Can you add the new returnee *(*groan*) Paul’s cast photo?

• Profile photo of Isaiah
    Isaiah [Member] June 28, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Sharp

• Veronica [Guest] June 29, 2017 at 2:00 am
  • Profile photo of Megan
    Megan [Member] June 29, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Is there going to be a big brother 19 prediction game?

Brant [Admin] June 30, 2017 at 1:57 am

Unfortunately, no, there is not.

• Profile photo of Chris
    Chris [Member] June 30, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Brant, there is a major problem that I am suffering at the moment that you need to fix. The main brantsteele.net page itself is working fine, as well as the sims themselves, but now, saved seasons are no longer displaying under “Your Seasons” (not even your typical message stating you have no seasons is not showing up), and, if you try out a link to a season, or typing in that season’s code, that error message “The brantsteele.net page isn’t working. brantsteele.net is currently unable to handle this request.” with a HTTP ERROR 500 message (at least for Google Chrome, the error may look different, depending on your browser) will show up. Another issue I saw was when I go to custom mode, and select a player from that open-up menu, the pictures themselves are all glitched up. Brantsteele.com is unaffected and works as completely expected. Please, can you try to fix this entire mess?

• Anne [Guest] June 30, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Neither the random mode nor the custom mode seem to load pictures. Standard mode works fine though.

Brant [Admin] June 30, 2017 at 4:05 pm

The .net server ran out of RAM and shut down the database, so it reverted to a very old version of cast photos and removed the ability to save/load seasons. There have been high server usage warnings the past two nights. I assume it’s because of the Big Brother 19 premiere.

This can be fixed in a few seconds by restarting the database, but I’ll look into ways to stop it from happening again. It’s the main reason why the server usually needs upgraded.

Brant [Admin] June 30, 2017 at 4:39 pm

The server shouldn’t have run out of RAM, but something changed in the configuration with the maintenance on June 21st that I didn’t realize. It’s been corrected, so this problem shouldn’t reoccur unless we get PewDiePie-level traffic.

• Profile photo of justyn morin
    justyn morin [Member] June 30, 2017 at 5:23 pm

What are you doing after this?

Brant [Admin] June 30, 2017 at 5:35 pm

A few cast photos for the July update since that’s tomorrow, then saved season recovery for July. I want to get those out of the way as early as possible so that the focus can go back to simulators..

• Profile photo of justyn morin
    justyn morin [Member] June 30, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Cool 🙂

• Profile photo of Daela Rae
    Daela Rae [Member] July 1, 2017 at 3:21 am

Here’s Megan’s alternate cast photo with her dyed hair in HQ: http://i.imgur.com/4SsEeOf.jpg

• Bob [Guest] July 1, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Can we have news on how finished the next simulator is?

Brant [Admin] July 1, 2017 at 7:43 pm

There are a few simulators in progress, but none of these will be completed until after Survivor is improved.